I turned 30 on 17 May. (Yeah, so this post is late too…)
And so I was contemplating coming up with a list of 30 things about me, 30 great lessons in life, 30 things I have learned in life, 30 things I want to do before I die, 30 things not to do, 30 things I love. etc. I think you get the picture…
And then I doubted whether I could come with with 30 things of something of the same thing, related things, sequential things! So I finally decided, I’d just put 30 random sentences together, the first 30 things that come to my head and number them 1 to 30. How genius is that? I suppose with being 30 comes a certain wisdom.
This list, to celebrate me being 30 years of age.
1. I woke up aged 30, and it’s not like my life changed over night like I thought it would.
2. It takes me more than 30 minutes to read the newspaper (so I end up not reading the newspaper daily) because I read everything including the advertisements, and then I read it backwards starting from the bottom of the page to check for spelling errors.
3. When I boil spaghetti, I count how many strands/pieces I am going to put in the boiling water.
4. I would like to go to Brazil before I die, and Las Vegas, and to the great wall of China.
5. I obsess about my weight a lot.
6. I don’t know why people dig their noses in the car, and think that the person in the next car can’t see them.
7. I press the lift buttons many times and repeatedly as I am convinced this will make the lifts go faster.
8. I think I have the best dogs in the universe – Boo Boo and Tango.
9. I think the Japanese language is so sexy – tamagotchi, o-hai-yo!, suzuki, doraemon, shiseido, sushi, nabeyaki – ahhhh… that just sends a shiver down my spine.
10. I don’t understand why people dig their noses, and roll it around their thumb and forefinger before flicking it.
11. I love buying cosmetic products that smell like food, creme brulee, chocolate, vanilla, honey, strawberries and I wonder why they cannot be eaten.
12. I want to learn how to fart on demand – any time I please.
13. Wentworth Miller is HOT!
14. The worst song released EVER that makes me want to cry in agony and probably cause me a brain aneurysm is Umbrella by Rihana.
15. My sister is my best friend in all the world and also the skinniest person I know.
16. I find Gordon Ramsay entertaining and amusing – this is so masochistic.
17. I love my mum to bits, and truly admire her even though I don’t tell her often enough.
18. I feel truly blessed in so many ways, so happy to be alive and I don’t even have to be a trust fund baby.
19. I need to eat more vegetables and fruit so that I won’t be so constantly constipated and can poop on demand after every meal.
20. I am a true technical idiot and sometimes fear technology, and thank goodness for technical friends like Jackie Ho.
22. I hate driving at night because I don’t see very well in the dark and my friends scream murder at me when I say I have to get home early!
23. I am a supplement junkie – I take more than 8 capsules of supplements a day, and yet none of it helps me poop right.
24. I always wish for a 3 day weekend.
25. I think my boyfriend is hot, and I love the way he smells.
26. I think motorcyclists don’t treasure their own lives enough to drive safely on the road.
27. When I drive, I sometimes have visions of running down a flock of birds (those that twitter away on the middle of the road) but I’ve never succeeded in doing so.
28. I love watching Grey’s Anatomy, the cast is so screwed up!
29. I hate Rachel from Friends and I am happy that Brad Pitt hooked up with Angelina Jolie instead.
30. I must be so self obsessed and obsessive to have bothered coming up with a gibber-jabber list like this.
See point number 15! She bought me a fancy hairdryer for my birthday. It’s a Panasonic Ionity DOUBLE ion hairdryer! It dries my hair in minutes, and blow dries it real smooth.